WordPress GDPR is a wordpress add-on used by people to get a broader view of all those who need it. This plugin helps website owners and online shops comply with the European privacy regulations known as GDPR. Activating this plugin does not guarantee that your site is fully GDPR compliant.
How WordPress GDPR works
The data subject can send a request to be deleted from the site using a short code.
When a request is made, the data subject will receive an email confirmation to confirm the deletion request.
After the email confirmation, the user’s request is added to the request table for review by the Administrator. The administrator can also add a user manually with an email search and review.
If the data subject has content published on the site for any type of posting or comment, it will be added to this table. If they do not have any content, they will receive a confirmation of the deletion request and will be provided with a 6-digit token for safekeeping after deletion in case data needs to be retrieved.
The request table allows the Administrator to reassign any content to another user or to delete it.
In case of comments, the data subject’s content will be made anonymous.
The administrator can also add users manually to the deletion request table with a manual email search
Right of access to data request and portability of user data
The data subject can make a request to download their data with the short code.
After requesting their data, the user will receive a double acceptance confirmation email and then the plug-in will generate an XML or JSON file, which will be emailed to them for downloading with an expiration time of 48 hours.
The interested party can make a request to rectify data or file a complaint with the short code.
WordPress GDPR Features
– Data breach notifications
– Request data file
– Cookie Popup
– Contact DPO
– Unsubscribe from the newsletter
– Media Credits
– Rectification of data
– Facebook Pixel
– Google Analytics
– Google AdWords
– Google Label Manager
– Hot pot
– Contact form 7
– Flamingo DB
– Custom integrations
Advantages of WordPress GDPR
– Consent Management
– Privacy preference management for cookies with front end user interface and banner notifications
– Rights to delete and remove data from the website with a double acceptance confirmation email
– Reassignment of user data in requests for deletion and pseudonymization of user website data
– Data Processor Configuration and Contact Information Publication
– Right to access data via the administration panel with search and email export
– Right to access data per data subject with the front-end request button and the double subscription confirmation email
– Entitlement to data portability and export by administrator or data subject in XML or JSON formats
– Encrypted audit records for the life of the data subject’s compliance activity
– Secret data subject token for two-factor decryption and data recovery
Records of data breach notifications and batch email notifications to data subjects
Download WordPress GDPR
Download WordPress GDPR for a better performance of your website.